Wednesday, November 23, 2011

MAC MILLER TALKS SUCCESS OF INDIE ALBUM


Pittsburgh spitter Mac Miller opened up about having his independently released albumBlue Slide Park top the charts.
"It's crazy. I've been trying to take it all in," Miller said in an interview. "I've just been in constant motion, so I haven't gotten a chance to really stop and realize how crazy this is that we got the first #1 in 16 years. It's nuts, man. I never really got far enough to see an offer for real -- I got no hatred towards major labels or anything. I never got a chance to hear what they had to say. We just really wanted to stick with our home team and keep it in the family. [The major labels] called [Rostrum Records founder] Benjy and wanted to talk, but Benjy was just on some 'We're not trying to talk right now, we're doin' this independently.' And we just left it at that."
The album sold over 144,000 copies in seven days.

No comments:

Post a Comment