Thursday, November 11, 2010

MC Hammer Declares Beef with Jay-Z Over



It seems as if MC Hammer has finally come to his senses and "ended" his beef with Jay-Z  (which in my opinion really wasn't there in the first place). In an exclusive interview with allhiphop.com, he talks about the "beef" and his most recent work concerning the case of Oscar Grant, an unarmed black man who was fatally shot in Oakland, California in the early morning hours of New Year's 2009. He recently spoke with the Grant Family at a community event about injustice and what is being done to stop it.Check out a few excerpts below: 

On why he is finally ending his feude with Jay-Z: 
As a responsible veteran of twenty something years of this [Hip-Hop}. I can't leave it out there with tensions. I am reading comments on both sides, it's not about that, I have seen all of that before. There is an opportunity to say at some point. We onto the next thing. You know, Jay took his shot and I answered. Now let's move on. 

What he feels his legacy in the Hip-Hop industry means to him: 
Of the Jay-Z beef, while it is over, Hammer said that he simply wanted to make sure Hip-Hop was educated on who he is now, not only from the late 80s and 90s.

I already know that this beef was going to go down like this. I know the Hip-Hop audience. Ain't nobody more aware than me. To read the full interview, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment